Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa
Author: Alberta Chicken Producers
Serves: 6 servings
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 -24 g package Old El Paso Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 12 6” tortilla shells
- 3 ripe mangos, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ Red onion, diced
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp chipotle
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken breasts with the Chicken Taco seasoning mix
- In a well-oiled skillet, brown chicken breasts until cooked through
- While chicken is cooking shred the purple cabbage and arrange on a platter
- Prepare the Mango Salsa and Chipotle Mayo
- Remove cooked chicken from skillet and slice into ½” slices
- Arrange chicken on
- Remove mango flesh by slicing as close as possible to the pit
- Dice in ½” slices, add to a bowl
- Slice avocado in half, and using a large spoon, remove the avocado from stone, dice in ½” slices; add to mango
- Small dice the red onion and add to the bowl.
- Cut the jalapeno pepper in half and remove the seeds and any white flesh, small dice and add to the fruit.
- Lastly cut the lime in half and juice both halves into the bowl
- Sprinkle in cilantro leaves and mix well
- Arrange salsa on
- In advance, mix all ingredients above and let sit for a few hours in the fridge for
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap tortilla shells in tin foil and place into oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove tortilla shells from oven and begin assembling tacos.
- Place desired amount of cabbage, mango salsa and cilantro over chicken and lightly drizzle chipotle mayo over the top.