Make life easier on yourself and pre-cook everything ahead of time. That way you can assemble this salad quickly throughout the week.
Author: Randa Derksen
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
- 4 large beets, roasted and sliced (to roast: wrap in foil and roast at 425°F for 30 to 40 mins or until knife goes through)
- 2 cups matchstick carrots (I buy the pre-done variety)
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- ½ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- ⅓ cup liquid aminos or soy sauce
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp crushes minced garlic
- 1 cup olive oil
- Cook quinoa following package directions, set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until mixed.
- Add into a mason jar or plastic container, store in the fridge for up to a week.
- At the bottom of your bowl add ⅓ cup of quinoa, top with a handful or two of spinach. Add a handful of sliced or shredded chicken to the center. Surround the chicken with beets and carrots.
- Pour 2-3 tbsps of the dressing over top and enjoy.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 642 Fat: 43.9 g Carbohydrates: 38.5 g Sugar: 8.3 g Sodium: 1266 mg Fiber: 7.5 g Protein: 24.7 g Cholesterol: 41.4 mg