Grilled Honey Chili Lime Cilantro Chicken
A <g class="gr_ gr_44 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="44" data-gr-id="44">savory</g> and nourishing grilled chicken perfect recipe for your Summer cookouts. Chicken breasts seasoned in <g class="gr_ gr_42 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" id="42" data-gr-id="42">salty</g>, sweet, sour, and spicy marinade (made with Cilantro<g class="gr_ gr_45 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Style replaceWithoutSep" id="45" data-gr-id="45">,lemon</g> juice, honey and Chili) are grilled to a tender finish. Easy to make and great on salads, with rice, or in burritos and wraps!
Author: Eatwell 101
For the Grilled Honey Chili Lime Cilantro Chicken
- 4 medium chicken breasts, boneless,
- 1 or 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro, for garnish
For the Marinade:
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- zest of one lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- ½ crumbled chicken bouillon cube, or ½ tsp salt
- fresh cracked Pepper
- 1 tsp honey (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp red
chiliflakes (adjust to taste)
- Whisk the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl. Cut chicken breasts into cubes and place chicken in a large plastic bag or bowl and add the marinade. Mix well to combine. Seal the bag or cover bowl and place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
- Pre-heat grill, pan or griddle to medium-high heat. Drain chicken from the marinade and soak wooden skewers in water for 1 minute. Tread the skewers alternating with chicken cubes and bell pepper slices.
- Grill chicken skewers for 5 minutes on each side, drizzling some of the
marinadefrom time to time,until cooked through and lightly charred. Serve immediately on salad, rice, or noodles. Garnish with chopped cilantro and Enjoy!