Honey Brined Fried Chicken Breasts
Super moist & juicy inside with a crispy crust!
Author: Reused from KitchMe and AllRecipes
- 3 cup cold water
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 boneless skinless boneless, skinless chicken breast, halves
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp onion salt
- 1 cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 vegetable oil, for frying
- Mix cold water, kosher salt, and honey in a large bowl; stir until salt dissolves. Add chicken breasts, and weigh them down with a plate to keep them completely submerged. Cover entire bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove bowl from refrigerator; drain and dry chicken. Pour buttermilk over chicken in a large bowl. Set aside at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Combine flour, black pepper, garlic salt, onion salt, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
- Coat each chicken breast in flour mixture until well covered on all sides; place flour-coated chicken breasts on a cooling rack to dry for 15 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet to 350°F (175°C). Cook chicken breasts until browned and no longer pink in the
center, about 10 to 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the centershould read at least 165°F (74°C).
- Transfer chicken to a cooling rack; allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 481 Fat: 22 g Saturated fat: 4 g Carbohydrates: 49 g Sugar: 18 g Sodium: 6378 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 23 g Cholesterol: 65 mg