Sheet Pan Roast Chicken Thighs with Fennel and Potatoes
Author: Chicken Farmers of Canada
Serves: 4 servings
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- ¼ tsp (1.25 mL) each salt and pepper
- 8 chicken thighs (2 lb/900 g)
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into wedges
- 4 red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 12 cloves garlic
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fennel fronds
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). In very large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Add chicken thighs, fennel, potatoes, onion, garlic and thyme; toss to coat evenly. Arrange in single layer on large foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake, turning vegetables halfway, for 35 to 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through. Garnish with fennel fronds and serve with lemon wedges.
- Tip: Substitute chunks of zucchini or bell peppers for the fennel if desired.
Serving size: 440g Calories: 610 Fat: 26g Saturated fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 47g Sugar: 7g Sodium: 350mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 47g Cholesterol: 160mg