Slow-Cooker Roast Chicken Dinner
- 4 cups (1 litre) mini potatoes, skin on
- 3 cups (750 ml) chopped carrots or parsnips
- 1 cup (250 ml) chopped onion
- ½ cup (125 ml) poultry gravy mix (powder)
- 3 lb (1.4 kg) roasting chicken
- Garnish: diced chives (optional)
- In a slow cooker, mix together potatoes, carrots and onion with ¼ cup (60 ml) of the poultry gravy mix.
- Rub the remaining ¼ cup (60 ml) of poultry gravy mix all over the chicken, including under the skin.
- Place chicken on top of the chopped vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Cover slow-cooker with the lid and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Once cooked, carefully pull the chicken out of the slow cooker and allow to rest while you strain the vegetables from the gravy in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Slice the chicken and serve with the gravy and vegetables.
- Garnish with diced chives.
Calories: 431 Fat: 14 g Saturated fat: 4 g Carbohydrates: 40 g Sugar: 8 g Sodium: 401 mg Fiber: 6 g Protein: 35 g Cholesterol: 131 mg