Spicy Asian-Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups
Use a store-bought rotisserie bird in this reinvented chicken salad. Spike the mayonnaise with chile sauce and toasted sesame oil and adds water chestnuts for crunch.
Author: Adapted from Melissa Rubel
Serves: 12 Lettuce Cups
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp sambal oelek or Chinese chile-garlic sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustar
- ½ tsp Asian sesame oil
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- ⅓ cup water chestnuts
- 2 scallions
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 bibb or iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado
- lime wedges
- In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the sambal oelek, mustard, and sesame oil.
- Stir in the chicken, water chestnuts, and scallions and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the chicken salad into the lettuce cups and top with a slice of avocado.
- Serve with lime wedges.