BBQ Chicken Sundaes
A different twist on a sundae! A great excuse to eat sundae's for dinner!
Author: Megan Shepherd - Delish
- 1 box cornbread mix, plus ingredients called for on box
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅔ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1½ cup rotisserie chicken, shredded
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup barbecue sauce, plus more for drizzling
- ¼ cup red hot sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1¼ cup mashed potatoes
- 16 oz can baked beans
- 1 cup coleslaw
- dill pickle spears
- pickled jalapeños
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Prepare cornbread according to box instructions and fill each cup ⅔ full with cornbread batter. Bake until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Make the chicken: In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add chicken to the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and pour barbecue sauce, hot sauce, and garlic powder over chicken and onions. Stir to coat, then cook until warmed through, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Build the sundae: Once cool, place one cornbread muffin at the bottom of each 16 oz mason jar. Top with one scoop of mashed potatoes and press to flatten.
- Top with one scoop each baked beans, coleslaw, shredded chicken and onions, then top with another scoop mashed potatoes. Garnish with dill pickle spear, peperoncini, pickled jalapeños, cornbread, and a drizzle of barbecue sauce.