Buffalo Bleu Chicken Soup
This creamy chicken soup with onion, celery, and cheddar cheese gets its inspiration from hot wings. Bleu cheese crumbles make the perfect topping.
Author: Adapted from ta2kitty - Allrecipes Canada
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup half-and-half
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup buffalo wing sauce, or more to taste
- ¼ cup creamy tomato soup
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese, or as needed
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute celery and onion in melted butter until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the celery mixture; cook and stir until the flour absorbs into the butter, about 2 minutes.
- Stream chicken broth, water, and half-and-half into the flour mixture while stirring; add chicken, cheddar cheese, buffalo wing sauce, and tomato soup. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cheese has melted completely into the liquid, about 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into 8 bowls. Top each serving with blue cheese crumbles to serve.