Chicken and Pineapple Tacos
There is no question that some of the most delicious weeknight meals are the Mexican ones. Mexican food has so many bright and citrusy flavours that are sure to spice up any night of the week. These tacos are soft 100% corn tacos and can be found in the freezer or refrigerator aisle of better supermarkets and Latin grocery stores.
Author: Developed for CFC by Amanda Riva
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) canola oil
- ½ lb (0.3 kg) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced chipotle in adobo
- ¼ cup (60 ml) diced pineapple
- ¼ cup (60 ml) diced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) kosher salt
- ½ cup (125 ml) tomatillo salsa
- ¼ cup (60 ml)
micro greensor fresh cilantro
- 8 corn tortillas, 4 inch
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and heat. Add chicken to the skillet and sear until browned on all sides, about 15 minutes. Add chipotle, pineapple, and red onion; sauté for 2 minutes more. Add the garlic and fry 1 minute. Add ¼ cup (60 ml) water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, scraping up any brown bits stuck to the bottom of the skillet.
- Heat another small skillet over medium heat. In batches add the corn tortillas and cook for 30 seconds a side until heated and soft. Transfer to a plate and continue with remaining tortillas.
- Arrange two tortillas per plate. Divide the filling down the
centerof each. Top with salsa and a sprinkle of micro greens or fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
Soft corn tacos <g class="gr_ gr_50 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="50" data-gr-id="50">labeled</g> 100% <g class="gr_ gr_47 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="47" data-gr-id="47">gluten free</g> may not be Gluten Free. Always check the ingredients and for labels that identify the product as certified <g class="gr_ gr_48 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="48" data-gr-id="48">gluten free</g>.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 289 Fat: 10.6 g Saturated fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 29.2 g Sugar: 2 g Sodium: 646 mg Fiber: 2.1 g Protein: 17 g Cholesterol: 32 mg