Curry Baked Chicken Wings
Making chicken wings at home is easy, and these Indian-inspired Curry Baked Chicken Wings will bring a little global spice to dinner.
Author: Reposted from Chocolate Moosey
- 12 chicken wing pieces, thawed and patted dry
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 chopped green onion, green part only
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line the bottom of a roasting pan or cookie sheet with foil. Place a roasting or cooling rack on top.
- In a large bowl, toss together the wings and oil. Place wings onto rack in the pan and bake 50 to 55 minutes until the internal temperature is at least 165°F.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, curry powder, ginger, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour mixture and stir to form a roux (similar to a paste). Whisk in the chicken broth and milk, trying to smooth the sauce as much as possible. Bring to a boil, whisking often until it thickens, about 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- Once the wings are cooked, toss with the curry sauce. If the sauce cooled down and thickened too much, reheat until hot again, adding a little more chicken broth to thin it out if necessary. Top with green onion. Serve immediately.