Author: Alberta Chicken Producers
Serves: 4 to 6
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp dry sherry
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ lbs (750 g) skinless, boneless chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 tbsp canola (or peanut) oil
- ½ tsp crushed dried chilies
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice (or white wine) vinegar
- Combine the soy sauce, sherry, sugar, pepper and salt in a bowl or large resealable plastic bag
- Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Cover or seal and marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or overnight, if time permits.
- Heat a wok over medium high heat.
- Add the canola oil, chili, shallot, ginger and garlic and stir fry for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Increase the heat to high and add the chicken with the marinade.
- Stir fry for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the sesame oil and vinegar to the chicken and stir fry for about 3 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with steamed Shanghai bok choy or broccoli and steamed rice.