One-Pan Chicken and Mushroom Tagliatelle
Serves: Serves 5
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces (approx 2 breasts)
- 2 ½ cups assorted mushrooms such as cremini and oyster, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 pkg tagliatelle noodles (250 g)
- Salt and pepper
- Parmigiano cheese, shaved for garnish
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook for 6-8 minutes until browned and almost cooked through.
- Add a tbsp more oil if needed and stir in the mushrooms. Cook for approximately 4 minutes, stirring often until the mushrooms are nicely browned. Add the chopped shallots and garlic and cook until translucent (2-3 more minutes).
- Stir in the chicken stock and cream and nestle in the uncooked pasta rounds.
- Season with salt and pepper. Simmer over medium heat until the sauce is slightly reduced and starting to thicken. This will only take about 6 minutes and the pasta will cook during this time. Do not let it reduce too much. There should still be a fair bit of sauce in the pot to generously coat the noodles.
- Plate the pasta immediately and finish with a generous pinch of fresh pepper. Top with cheese if desired.
Calories: 588 Fat: 27 g Saturated fat: 11 g Carbohydrates: 47 g Sugar: 9 g Sodium: 1019 mg Fiber: 5 g Protein: 47 g Cholesterol: 232 mg