Roasted Sweet Potato and Chicken Salad
Unusual and easy to prepare chicken salad, perfect for those hot summer days.
Author: Alberta Chicken Producers
For Mustard Dressing
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp packed brown sugar
- salt & cracked black pepper
For Chicken Salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ lb (375 g) yam (orange sweet potato), peeled and cut into ¾ inch (2 cm) cubes
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 cups mixed baby lettuce leaves (or arugula)
- ½ cup cashews, toasted
To Make the Mustard Dressing
- Put all the ingredients in a jar and shake until well combined.
To Make the Chicken Salad
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Combine the oil, yam and salt and pepper on the prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer.
- Roast uncovered in the preheated oven, turning once during cooking for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Put the yam, chicken, lettuce and cashews in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with the dressing and gently toss.
Make Ahead: The dressing can be made a day ahead and stored in a jar in the refrigerator. Remove from the refrigerator one hour before serving.