Skinny Chicken Fajitas
Lean strips of chicken breast, bell peppers and onions served sizzling hot with warm tortillas and shredded cheese. If this is your idea of delicious, you are not alone!
Author: Adapted from www.skinnytaste.com
Serves: 4 of 2 Fajitas
- 16 oz chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 green or poblano pepper
- 1 onion, medium
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 guacamole
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 pinch Ancho or
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 8 reduced-carb whole wheat flour tortillas
- ½ cup Mexican cheese, reduced fat
- sour cream, reduced fat
- Marinate the chicken with lime juice, and season with
chilepowder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin.
- Season vegetables with salt and pepper and toss with olive oil.
- To grill the onions and peppers outside on the grill, use a cast iron skillet and grill covered over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Or, to cook them indoors, you can use a large skillet on the stove over medium heat for 16 to 18 minutes, covered until the onions and peppers are soft.
- Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium heat; grill chicken until cooked through, about 8 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a cutting board when done and cut into strips. Once cooked, combine with the peppers and onions.
- Serve immediately with warmed tortillas, cheese and toppings.
Serving size: 2 fajitas Calories: 299 Fat: 10.5 g Carbohydrates: 27 g Sugar: 0 Sodium: 423 mg Fiber: 15.5 g Protein: 39 g Cholesterol: 7.5 mg