Spinach + Goat Cheese Hasselback Chicken
This is one of the easiest and quickest ways to make super delicious and flavorful chicken breasts. By making slits in the chicken breasts (Hasselback) and stuffing them with tasty things like spinach and goat cheese, you’ll get a hit of savory cheesy goodness in every bite!
Author: Adapted fromSimple Healthy Kitchen
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 cups spinach, fresh
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup goat cheese
- ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with foil, set aside.
- In a large skillet add a splash of olive oil, cook spinach over medium until slightly wilted (approx. 3 to 5 minutes). Add crumbled goat cheese and continue to cook until cheese is melted (about 1 minute). Stir in red pepper flakes (if using). Set aside.
- Place chicken breasts on prepared baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, cut slits across the chicken breast about ¾ of the way through chicken breast (careful not to cut all the way through) about ½ to ¾ inch apart (approx. 6 to 8 slits per chicken breast). Stuff each slit with spinach/goat cheese mixture.
- Generously salt and pepper top of chicken breast and season with paprika. Sprinkle ¼ of the mozzarella cheese among each chicken breast.
- Place chicken breasts in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. If desired switch oven from bake to broil for the last 10 minutes of cooking (for more bubbly and browned cheese).
Calories: 306 Fat: 13.2 g Saturated fat: 7.3 g Carbohydrates: 1.7 g Sodium: 297 mg Fiber: 0.5 g Protein: 43.2 g Cholesterol: 113.2 mg