Chicken Alfredo Cauliflower Rice Bake
Introducing vegetables to kids can be a bit of a challenge. Our strategy? Choose to combine them with kid-friendly dishes.
Author: Better Homes and Gardens
- 2¼ lb head cauliflower, trimmed and broken into florets
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil, crushed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2½ cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 14½ ounce jar light Alfredo pasta sauce
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup panko
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Working in batches, cover and pulse cauliflower in a food processor four to six times or until crumbly and resembles rice.
- Transfer cauliflower "rice" to a 3 qt casserole. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of the oil and sprinkle with basil, salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Bake 15 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, chicken, and pasta sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Combine panko and remaining 2 tbsp oil; sprinkle over cauliflower mixture. Bake 20 to 25 minutes more or until top is brown.