Greek Chicken Salad
A light supper dish when the days are hot!
- 1¼ lb uncooked chicken breast tenders
- 2 tsp olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Greek Seasoning
- 1 bag (10 oz) washed fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup halved pitted Kalamata olives
- ⅔ cup vinaigrette dressing
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- Toss chicken tenders with oil, sprinkle with Greek seasoning.
- Place chicken on grill over medium heat.
- Cover grill; cook 5 to 6 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in the center.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, toss spinach, cucumber, tomatoes and olives with dressing.
- Spoon onto 4 serving plates.
- Serve with chicken tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- If chicken tenders are not available, cut boneless skinless chicken breasts lengthwise into thin strips.
- Almost any savory vinaigrette, or oil & vinegar dressing, will work with this recipe. Several brands of plain vinaigrette's are available, plus ones with Balsamic vinegar and various herbs.
Nut, Peanut & Gluten free.